Are you ready to take your home repair and DIY projects to the next level?
Now, what if I told you there was a product out there that is 50 times stronger than glue, will not leave behind a sticky mess, never dries out, and works on just about any surface?
Cyanoacrylate glue, also known as “superglue”, has long dominated the DIY and home repair market as the go-to product used for adhesion.
But superglue is not a panacea for all breaks and tears. For one, this bonding agent does not work on every material. Plastics, glasses, certain types of piping, metals, and wet surfaces are difficult to repair with superglue alone. Secondly, superglue can be messy and difficult to manage - we can all relate to the discomfort of inadvertently gluing our fingers together. Lastly, superglue has a very short shelf-life and can easily dry out, even when safely contained in a tube.
In 2013, Dr. Thomas Offermann, a dental surgeon, teamed up with chemical engineer Robert Harbauer to create an adhesive similar to the UV curing devices used for tooth fillings and braces. Together, they created Bondic. A device that builds, bonds, fixes and fills just about anything you can imagine. Bondic is not a glue, but rather a clear, non-toxic, liquid plastic welder that hardens upon exposure to UV Light, making it one of the toughest bonding agents available.
There are three simple steps to using Bondic:
- Clean the surface of the object you would like to repair.
- Apply the liquid plastic to the desired area. Apply multiple layers to create a strong bond.
- Shine UV light for 4 seconds onto the liquid plastic to solidify the adhesive.
And that’s it! A quick, clean and easy way to create a robust bond that will withstand the test of water, cold, heat, and time.
Bondic’s benefits are myriad and far-reaching.
- Unlike superglue, which is limited in its usage, Bondic works on almost every surface, including metal, wood, glass, plastic, ceramic, fabric. You can fix anything from car keys, headphones, and phone screens to jewelry, bra clasps, and even turtle shells!
- Bondic hardens only when exposed to UV Light, so you have full control over hardening, unlike glue that hardens when exposed to air.
- Bondic does not stick to your fingers like glue. You can easily clean up messes with a towel, just as you would any other liquid.
- Bondic has a long shelf life and does not dry out, even when exposed to air.